Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Spiridakis Michael
Senior MemberPosts: 2,341
OMD EM5 Shutter shock (TESTED)
5 months ago

So... Let me continue here in a clear paper the discussion I started the other day about EM5 and SS... Lets start from the Blog of Mr """ Camera Ergonomics""" This is one of the most ridiculous approaches in cameras that I have ever read... This guy is moving the camera and feels the moving parts... like IS parts, he hears them... and then he is trying to convince us that given their free movement they are sensitive to shutter shock... or better they have to be affected from the movement of the shutter... Yes mister Camera ergonomics.... These parts HAVE to be affected and (this is what you miss to write) AND they have to react.... in any shock.... And that's why the are loose and free to move... to BE able to react... and compensate...
But... whats in the internet it has to be right for many... as I see...LOL

Now... speaking for the user with that oscilloscope... Let me say as electronics field service engineer by profession that an oscilloscope or whatever other instrument doesn't make one better... and I have seen many colleagues telling unbelievable stupid things holding an instrument pretending the Pros... He is running a 50-200 @ 1/25 and just write his failure with an oscilloscope... GREAT...

I am really flip out with all these nonsense and maybe Olympus knowing that it is a user error is trying to by pass it with firmware updates peacefully... managing the problem as a marketing case... But let me say that the damage has been done... Who will buy my second hand EM5 when the time comes... all potential buyers are looking in forums like this... In places like this are shaped the prices of E-bay... Everybody knows that... Who will protect my investment from the Shutter Shock cannibals...??? Olympus wake up... You are under attack... Even a child can see it...

So..here is a number of shots with 12-50 @ 50, with 14-42 MKI (yes this old lens with the moving to focus front element) @ 42, with 45 and Tokina 135 A scientific free test with a simple target as theme... All shots straight from the camera not even resize

Here is the 12-50 @ 50mm

Here is the 14-42 MKI

Here is the 45

And Here is the Tokina 135

ww.spiridakis.gr

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow