ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,485
Like?
Battery drain using 24-105 sigma?
2 months ago

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd throw a question out there - has anyone noticed significantly reduced battery life when using the new 24-105 VR sigma?

I've started using mine on my D3s for events, and where I'd normally expect to see the battery indicator drop by 1 bar max for say a 500 shot day's shoot if using a 28-70 or 24-70 nikkor, now I'm finding that its generally down 3 bars or more.

Now I can think of two obvious explanations - one is the battery is just getting old, and secondly that the VR on the Sigma is adding additional current drain. However we have a couple of even older D3 cameras that have been used even more, and the batteries are still going strong, and I can't say that using something like a 70-200VR for a similar usage pattern causes a battery to drain as fast.

So before I start to experiment and swap things around to try and find out what's happening, I just wonder if anyone else has noticed the siggy 24-105 with VR on all the time, being particularly thirsty battery wise?

TIA

Ga.

Nikon D3 Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow