FZ200, planes in flight - single shots v 12/5.5 fps burst (no pics yet)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,434Gear list
Like?
FZ200, planes in flight - single shots v 12/5.5 fps burst (no pics yet)
3 months ago

At Defford Air Day (fly-in, UK) yesterday, the weather was friendly and the pretty biplanes flocked in like butterflies to a buddleia.

I fed Hatstand's settings into my FZ200 and afterwards, was surprised to find that I had shot 650 pics.  Fortunately, I shall be able to delete large blocks of them and save myself a lot of bovva . . . 

These are slow planes, and Defford gets us really close to the grass airstrip, so it is ideal for me.  It is a garden party with mini-planes, old cars and a few old bikes, like an event in the 1930s or late 1940s.  Simply cute, it is a don't-miss date in my year.

12 fps burst was why I have 650 images, especially as I occasionally forgot to switch it off for some of the static old car pics. . . . 

12 fps burst is probably overkill for these planes, though ideal for the faster stuff that Hatstand shoots.  I would probably have done better with single shots - because the FZ100 shoots "only" 12 pics at 12 fps, and then it clears its buffer - during which time the EVF freezes and I fail to get back onto the plane.  So bursts have to be kept to fractions of a second - this I have now learnt.

So next time I shall use single shots - or 5.5 fps burst, where the FZ100 will run up to 100 shots - amazing performance, at 12 MP Fine!!!

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow