Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lordbeau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,220
Like?
6D to back up a 6D?
1 month ago

I am in love with my 6D. Coming from a Nikon D800 (which was sold on ebay last week together with some nice lenses), I can’t believe that when I focus on something it is actually in focus! After a year with a D800 and a D7000 and D7100 along the way with similar issues.

Anyway, I am wondering what to back it up with as I so some weddings etc. I tend to think: another 6D, while there is £150 cashback. Anyone think this is a stupid idea? 2x 6D, 2x 430EX II flash (also on cashback, the 24-105mm lens that came with the 6D, and only one back-up lens, the 40mm STM in case of emergency (also on cashback). I really need another lens of some sort of back-up, too, as it’s not quite enough, even if it’s just a 50mm. I shall get bigger flash and interesting lenses when there are offers etc but 2x 6D: sensible?

2x 6D, 2x 430 flash and 40mm lens equals £375 cashback which softens the blow of my transition from Nikon back to Canon (I regret every leaving but that's another story).

Canon EOS 6D Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow