Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,568Gear list
Like?
The Gray Crowned Crane...
1 month ago

O.K., this is for all the "experts" on bird color who have given their "opinions" about the magenta hues in the feathers of the Gray Crowned Crane shots posted by Sigma, captured by the DP2 Quattro and argued up one side and down the other. In literally hundreds of pictures of these birds, the colors vary widely apparently depending on lighting and individual bird differences. Just like parrots, pigeons and countless other birds there appears to be a significant variance in colors and hues and there are myriad pictures ranging from heavy magenta and blues to pale gray.

So let's stop the foolish bantering and dumb accusations of my using an "old camera" and poor exposure and all other excuses for those who want to force their opinions on everyone. I've taken pictures of over a hundred of these birds over the years and I have images of over 30 of my own to examine. Many of them had the magenta hues in the feathers. I posted a typical image and had arm-chair experts, many of whom probably have never seen one of these birds in real life make every excuse in the book to justify their beliefs and point the finger at Sigma. So just follow this link and continue your arguments. I'm out of it. I've given my opinion and posted pictures, been accused by one of the resident trolls of never posting images, had my opinion called "ridiculous, absurd" and otherwise insulted by the troll who has no images of his own of this species to post, but lots of opinion.

Judge for youselves and take it up with the photographers who took these images..

https://www.google.com/search?q=gray+crowned+crane+photo&sa=X&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=hPQsuqvVDYUPHM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcSd89iGz2K5SwNqJwo_bkpG2eosrNJmom8dDVB5

Lin

Sigma DP2 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow