QImage Ultimate questions re PPI and setup.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
harvo
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
QImage Ultimate questions re PPI and setup.
6 months ago

I am trying to use QIU with a Canon Pro9000 II and have a few questions.

Is re-sampling automatic according to what is printed below the image? I found a discussion of several different re-sampling types in QI and cannot find anything like that. When i float over the page it says like 211 ppi = good or 550 = excellent. That doesn't suggest re-sampling and is confusing. Why is it there? I also found a help file by the author and he says re-sampling is automatic so I assume it is but the ppi stuff over the image has me confused.

Can you print 300 DPI and get reasonable output and save some ink or is 600dpi preferable?
When i put in 300 instead of 600 the dot turns red. Are they trying to tell me something? I printed the contact page at 300 and it looks OK. The printer driver is set to Photo printing Color/intensity - Manual adjustment. Will those conflict? Which one takes preference? How should i set it up?

I am trying to print full page less the unprintable area. I can set this up but when I place a new image on the page it reverts to 3:2 with a .25" boarder 1. I can change it to '0' and 'Fit to page' and it sets up OK but wont hold that setting. Can that be fixed? What is boarder 2?

I printed a contact page with 9 4x6 images on it. Some are dark. If I brighten the photo in the editor and save it the title turns red. Then if i drop it on a page it will print brighter? If I sharpen in the Editor with a level of 5 will it also sharpen again for printing when printed? Is the default about right? I watched the video help on sharpening and saw the setting very high with USM. It didn't seem like a fair comparison.

Thanks for the help.

Harvo

harvo's gear list:harvo's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow