Sony A77MII - Lock On AF Limits/Capability and...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveJnerChicago
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Sony A77MII - Lock On AF Limits/Capability and...
6 months ago

Caveat... having mastered the A77 (Crisp clear sharp JPEG See my gallaries) I find myself having to now learn how to get the most from the A77II. After a few days shooting, I have yet to attain the same IQ as I was able to get with my A77. Different processing and AF module all need time and practice to learn. I think Sony has to tweak the firmware and eventually will get there. Tomorrow I finally shoot RAW. So here are some shots from this morning. they are ok but I know from experience that I would have had even better from my A77. Clearly the A77II is better in terms of AF capabilities, Noise and some other features. Will just take some time to learn how to get the best from it. Note the Red-winged Black bird series shows how the Lock On AF setting performed. the first shot shows focus on the perched bird. the second shows focus to the plant at moment of launch. the third shows the AF moved to the bird in flight as it appears the plant is now out of focus compared to the second shot. All well within 1 second! Also note this series was performed with a 600mm narrow FOV and static on tripod. I did not even attempt to move camera/lens to track the bird.

SteveJnerChicago's gear list:SteveJnerChicago's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony 300mm F2.8 G +5 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow