PMB (Picture Motion Browser) or Play Memories or something else?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
roundball
Contributing MemberPosts: 807
Like?
PMB (Picture Motion Browser) or Play Memories or something else?
1 month ago

To transfer my photos and videos from an SD card to my PC, I've just been using the PMB software that ships with NEX-7's. About a week ago, I began getting this pop-up about PMB support ending in September and asking if I wanted to migrate to Play Memories.
I assume just because 'support is ending' for PMB I don't have to stop using it...it's all local and has never given any problems.

Was wondering if anyone has used both PMB and Play Memories...to know if Play Memories represents a major change and learning curve? As it is, I only use PMB for 2 purposes:
1) Import photo images from the SD card;
2) Trim the occasional video, step through a video and save a frame as a .jpeg photo, etc;

I really don't do much photo post processing at all, other than some cropping, and occasionally a step of contrast...and I do all that just using the few basic controls in Microsoft Windows after I import the photos to a folder...so I'm not really in a situation where I need a lot of sophisticated stuff. If anyone is a "Play Memories" user, I'd appreciate your thoughts about it.

This is the pop-up I've begin getting...have not acted on it.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow