PMB (Picture Motion Browser) or Play Memories or something else?

Started Jun 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
roundball
Contributing MemberPosts: 810
Like?
PMB (Picture Motion Browser) or Play Memories or something else?
Jun 15, 2014

To transfer my photos and videos from an SD card to my PC, I've just been using the PMB software that ships with NEX-7's. About a week ago, I began getting this pop-up about PMB support ending in September and asking if I wanted to migrate to Play Memories.
I assume just because 'support is ending' for PMB I don't have to stop using it...it's all local and has never given any problems.

Was wondering if anyone has used both PMB and Play Memories...to know if Play Memories represents a major change and learning curve? As it is, I only use PMB for 2 purposes:
1) Import photo images from the SD card;
2) Trim the occasional video, step through a video and save a frame as a .jpeg photo, etc;

I really don't do much photo post processing at all, other than some cropping, and occasionally a step of contrast...and I do all that just using the few basic controls in Microsoft Windows after I import the photos to a folder...so I'm not really in a situation where I need a lot of sophisticated stuff. If anyone is a "Play Memories" user, I'd appreciate your thoughts about it.

This is the pop-up I've begin getting...have not acted on it.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow