Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
millerjs
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Old Photo Restoration
3 months ago

I have been working on restoring an old church photo and I am stuck on the last thing.

The photo is from the 20's and it got wet. The water line goes right across the bottom third of the picture and ruined the marble railing that was behind it. I don't have a good piece of the railing to clone so I found an identical picture of the same type of railing and I am trying to match it in.

I tried my best to muddy down the new railing - ran a test print but it seams sticks out. Most people would never know but a few of though we should give it another shot.

I made some changes on the railing and it looks better. The first photo is the railing layer on top of the original without any filtering. The second is a  jpeg of the railing layer itself. I can't load the photoshop layer.

I have Photoshop but I am just stuck. Maybe been looking at it too long.

Any ideas on how to muddy it down so it matches the original. One thing to note is the original is a print but it has a clear coat on it. You can see all the cracks in clearcoat and I think that's one of the areas that make it stand out.

Thanks in advance

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow