Critical Comparison of the E-M1, E-M5 and E-M10 Wanted

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Mohundro
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: Critical Comparison of the E-M1, E-M5 and E-M10 Wanted
In reply to Jim Mohundro, 3 months ago

From the OP:

Thank you all for pungent, often useful and even sometimes funny advice about my agonizing (in a minor, trivial sort of way) over my slight sidegrade and upgrade from my GX1. The to me somewhat massive financial reach for an E-M1, the relative ease of incorporating and retaining my Nikon DSLR, GF1 and GX1 back-button focusing technique in a new body, my modest two-lens inventory (the 20mm Type I f/1.7 Lumix and the dandy 14-45 OIS Lumix zoom), and, finally, my making the effort to walk around in my local dealer's brick and mortar store spending a much longer time with the viewfinder of the GX7 and finding that it works enough better than I'd originally thought (maybe the lighting was better this time) with my eyglasses, I sold my Nikkor 24-120 VR AFS and my GX1 and went for a new, black GX7 kit. It didn't hurt that it's been at a Panasonic-sanctioned rebate price of $899 pretty much all over for the last week.

My 14-45 will stay with the new body and the GX7's 14-42 kit lens goes to the GX1's buyer.

I'm sure the GX8 must be just ovr the horizon.

Thanks again, folks.

Jim Mohundro

Jim Mohundro's gear list:Jim Mohundro's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon D610
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow