To bring, or not to bring the A7...........

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WarrenPeas
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
To bring, or not to bring the A7...........
6 months ago

Well, after some pretty bad quality photos posted in the office boards. Sadly, they were all taken by cell phones and printed on 8 x 11s and posted. I was asked quietly by someone to bring in my camera for an upcoming co-worker's tenure celebration (small office gathering). I brought my A7 + 55 1.8 to work to do some prep shots before this event in less than two weeks.  The lighting in the conference room is rather dim for me ideally.  Mind you, I'm new to primes so this is a learning curve to me.  I'm have a a better idea now what I may have to do, but I didnt consider one thing.

Please excuse me for saying this, and I'm not trying to come of as being sexist, but I work in a workplace primarily with women (80%).  I am worried that if I bring my gear in, some women may not take to what I would like to do, which is capture the type of shots I prefer.  I say this because I know that when these photos I will take are posted, they will be exponentially better than what is posted on the boards right now.  And I know that if I can be nit-picky about camera gears, I've dealth with first-hand with women who don't take kindly to photos I've taken because of the sharpness.   Any suggestions or perspectives are welcomed!

WarrenPeas's gear list:WarrenPeas's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow