Lets see your 58mm samples, was it worth it?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 1,995Gear list
Like?
Re: Lets see your 58mm samples, was it worth it?
In reply to Bo Photo, 5 months ago

Bo Photo wrote:

I guess if you show images to prove it's a great lens, no one has anything to say, but if you want to complain about the cost and why you want buy it, it will get a 147 comments, Just saying.

-- hide signature --

Bo

It's a nice, though not earth-shattering, image. The background isn't of the type to really challenge from a bokeh-perspective. Stacey does a very nice job here, but I don't feel that the 1.8g would have botched this particular scene.

Nexu1's image, which is much more of the type that people cite when proclaiming that the 50 1.8g (or 50 1.2 AI-S, for that matter) has "poor" bokeh, proves only that the 58 1.4g is no miracle worker in this department, either.

ETA: And still nothing to convince me that this simple design and construction is deserving of (or, rather, requires) a $1,700 price tag.

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow