Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RossAndrew
Senior MemberPosts: 3,213
Like?
Wasn't great when you had
6 months ago

twin SU side draw carbys and a set of points and a distributor to play with, home made extractors, 3/4 racing cam, mag wheels. My best was a Triumph TR4, that one didn't mags they were spokes with Mitchies, mind you I think wheels came off a TR4A some how. That motor use to power  Massey Ferguson tractor plus a few other pommy cars like the Vanguard.  That car used to sing like a little bird.

The next one a Charger RTe49 was the first car I had ever bought from new at the time, this one was built by Chrysler for one race and there were only about 250 built. They had to have 200 on the road before qualify for the race , sadly it didn't win, it was only a six cylinder and was up against GM and Ford both having V8's Ford 289 and GM 302. Never the less it was pretty hot 165 cubic inch with 3 dual throat Webbers. Ford and GM couldn't come close at standard 1/4 mile but this race was over some pretty steep hills and the Charger alas didn't have the legs. Plus it use to get air burn at about 120/130 MPH. not nice.

When I think about it I guess I'm pretty lucky to be here with some of the things I have done.

Andy

Casio Exilim EX-V8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow