Lens question regarding the a7r
Started Jun 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
seachicken2000 • Veteran Member • Posts: 3,162
Re: Lens question regarding the a7r
Here's a few options:
- Wait. Rumour has it that the large aperture standard prime on the roadmap for this year will be a native E-mount short telephoto prime. This seems at least plausible since this lens has been on roadmaps for a while now; it's long overdue.
- Any one of a vast number of excellent manual focus primes, Samyang 85mm f/1.4 seems a decent choice
- LA-EA4 + (SAL 85 f/2.8, Zeiss 85 f/1.4, Zeiss 135 f/1.8, Minolta 85mm f/1.4, Minolta 100 f/2, Minolta 100 f/2.8 soft, Sigma 85mm f/1.4, Minolta 135mm f/2.8, Minolta 100mm f/2.8 macro, Sony/Minolta 135mm STF, Tamron 90mm macro, ...)
- Contax G 90mm f/2.8 with either AF or MF adapter
- FE 70-200mm f/4 zoom
- Use the FE 55mm in APS-C crop mode. It's a very good lens, even when cropped.
-- hide signature --
A rose by any other name is still a chicken.
seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +21 more
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow