Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alphaumi
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
Flash sync and focus question
6 months ago

Hi! I am new to FX and new to flash photograph. I used to shoot more landscape ,but now i want to learn portrait photography.

The first question that i have concerns the focusing. My last camera had focus points almost overall and there was no problem to put the subject in the left/right third, focus on the eyes on f 1.8 from close and perfect focus almost all of the time. On the d610 the focus points are in the centre. I read that i must use focus and recompose. I half press, move the camera, and then shoot. But using this technique not all of the photos were sharp on the eyes. What can I do to improve my focusing on d610.

My second question is regarding the flash sync speed. On d610 is 1/200. But there was an option above 1/200 and 1 managed to shot at f 1.4 at 1/4000 and the exposure on my subject was perfect and the background was completely dark in daylight. But are there any issues using high sync speed? I read that the flash uses its full power, but apart from that?

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow