Do any of you regret getting rid of your old DSLR?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoeng
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?
Do any of you regret getting rid of your old DSLR?
1 month ago

I'm trying to simplify my collection of cameras... (maybe I'll actually upgrade one of these days)

The D70s has high flash sync capability and commander mode, so I don't want to get rid of it.

If I'm honest with myself, I'm afraid the D40 simply just has sentimental value associated with it and not much else. It sits on my shelf and collects dust. The shutter lag is horrendous. Out of camera jpgs are awesome, but I don't shoot jpg anymore. period. .. and as much as I'd like to believe it - I don't think that D40 has tremendously better high iso performance than the rest of the cameras that I have.

Philosophically, I have a problem holding onto something that I don't use anymore.... but I'm curious... do any of you regret getting rid of your old dslr? if so - which model?  Was there ever a DSLR that you were relieved to get rid of?

-- hide signature --

David
http://photo.blogrlabs.com/
My gear list: D40 / D70s / D200
A bunch of lenses

photoeng's gear list:photoeng's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D70s Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II +7 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D40 Nikon D70s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow