Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
seacard
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Portrait lens to complete my transition to A6000
2 months ago

I just recently converted from the Nikon D7000 and purchased the A6000, along with the following lenses:

Touit 12 (couldn't pass up the deal)

Touit 32 (same)

Sony 50

Zeiss 16-70 (my walk-around, Europe-trip lens)

Sony 55-210

I feel like I am pretty much set with that, but I'd like to get a a nice long telephoto for headshots of the kids, something along the lines of Nikon 85 1.4, which I used much more often than the 70-200. My kids are 1 and 3, and taking their portraits is becoming the bulk of my photography.

If I was made of money, or made money with photography, I'd grab the SAL 85 1.4 or the SAL 135 1.8 and be all set, but after spending over $1800 on the other 5 lenses, I'm getting close to my limit.

So is there a good A-mount that would be a significant step up from 55-210 in image quality? Ideally, I'd like to stay under $1000 total, and am willing to buy used as well. Or am I better off grabbing the 70-200 f4 full-frame from Sony Rewards, or maybe even just waiting for Sony to release an 85mm e-mount, and not have to purchase the LA-EA2 or LA-EA4?

P.S. Macro would be a huge plus.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow