ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
foggy
Regular MemberPosts: 254Gear list
Like?
Canon user to the Sigma shooters
6 months ago

Hi,

This is Foggy from over in the Canon camp. I enjoy the system I'm using now. Also I'm so heavily invested in Canon mount glass that a move to a camera system sporting a camera with a Foveon chip would ruin me. I suggested to Sigma that they come up with a camera body to mount Canon or Nikon or Sony glass on so we could buy one and window shop. Also They could do the same thing they do in the lens market with Foveon chip camera bodies. I think they would sell a bunch of those bodies. But my suggestion seemed to land on deaf ears.

So being as they won't listen to me a Merrill or Quatro  camera or threesome might find their way into my camera bag. So I am going to watch your forum well as to your impressions on IQ between the two camera systems and if the changes to chip design 4.9X4.9X19.6 vrs 3 layers of equal pixel count. and if there is an IQ, color gain or loss.

Anyway good shooting and please comment on what you find..!

Foggy

Future Foveon shooter

foggy's gear list:foggy's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow