What to do? (satire)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ImageAmateur
Senior MemberPosts: 1,873
Like?
Re: What to do? (satire)
In reply to brianric, 6 months ago

brianric wrote:

To all Nikon users. I don't know what to do. I got three Relay for Life events left to shoot, last one being June 28. Nikon is rumored to be coming out with a D800S on June 26, making my D800 & D800E obsolete. Should I try and sell them before the prices for a used D800/D800E drop out of sight, or should I toss them into the dumpster because they are pretty much worthless as they stand?

If you need the better AF and high ISO and fps of the D800s (IF the rumours are true), likely you will have a short window of opportunity to dump the old stuff and get one of the new ones.

Of course, if none of those matter.... no biggie.

Yes, after the new stuff comes out, as always, old gear will fall on used market by a couple hundred US.

So 2 camera x say USD 200 to USD 400 = USD 400 to USD 800 could be the net loss.

That is IF you need the new features.

So, actually a legitimate question for some, why lose another USD 400 to USD 800 when no need, if those actually could use those new expected features?

Not as silly as it may seem, for some.

But likely you do not, or you would not be posting a satire...

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow