Help choosing my next digital body / kit....

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
10 Gauge
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Help choosing my next digital body / kit....
6 months ago

Hey guys, new to the forum, but not new to the photography world.  About 3 years ago I had all of my gear stolen (Canon 7D & 3 lenses, plus my pack and all the accessories in it).  Since that happened I had kind of given up on photography as I didn't have the money to reinvest in a new setup at the time.  I did not shoot professionally, I was strictly a hobbyist but did do the occasional low-key wedding, etc to help out a friend or a friend of a friend.

Now I am getting to a point in my life where I literally can't stand not having a good photography setup.  I've been working with phone cameras the past 3 years and I'm just tired of it.  My wife and I are trying to have a baby and I definitely want to be able to document the babies first years with good photo's.

Back when my gear was stolen, I told myself if I ever got back in to this I wouldn't mess around and I'd definitely go for a full-frame setup.  I was always impressed with my friends full frame setup and amount of versatility in the shots he was able to take due to that extra sensor size.

Fast forward to now, and I've been doing my research, and the Canon 6D w/ 24-105 definitely seems like the ticket for me.  I was ready to hit the checkout button until I saw the Fuji X-T1.... After looking through many many sample photo's and reading reviews, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the image detail captured by this crop body camera.  It seems to handle high ISO low-light shooting just as capably as almost any full frame on the market.  I also felt like the majority of the comparison photo's I looked at between it and the 6D, the X-T1 actually had sharper more detailed images.  It really intrigued me for being a mirror-less crop body platform for $1000 less than the 6D setup I was pondering.

My question is, what the heck do I do???  Is the 6D going to be a better long term body to have?  Obviously I have a lot bigger choice of lenses and accessories that can be had for a Canon platform.  From what I have seen, the 24-105 f4 L that's supplied as the kit lens is not that great of a piece of glass.  Most photo's I had found with this glass seemed very soft in comparison to the 18-55 that comes with the X-T1 kit.

Give me some pro's and con's on these options and what you think the better choice would be.  I enjoy primarily taking landscape shots and "artistic" shots.  I don't shoot a lot of people or action.

HELP!  I don't know what to do.....

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow