Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 1,943Gear list
Like?
a stupid question about modes
1 month ago

Sitting here with the K-30 in my lap, changing lenses from the long zoom to my 35mm Macro in preparation for a garden walk as soon as the sun gets a little lower.  I'm looking forward to this expedition as I plan to experiment with TAv with a prime for the first time since "discovering" it (and liking it a lot) on my zoo trip on Monday.

I have been coveting an acquaintance's Canon 6D recently, and I just took a quick flip through pictures of various entry level FF DSLRs and noticed that TAv is missing from the mode dials-- is this mode, with aperture priority on the back control wheel and shutter priority the front, which equals handy as all get out in my book, strictly a Pentax thing?

And if it is, why isn't everybody shouting from the rooftops about it, particularly to potential buyers of entry level DSLRs?  It's the perfect companion for those two control wheels which distinguish my K-30 and the current K-500 and K-50 from other cameras in the category.

On the plus side for Ricoh/Pentax, I am feeling rather less covetous right now.  Bring on the FF Pentax and a good FA (or whatever) 85mm, please.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-30 Pentax K-50 Pentax K-500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow