Anyone tried one of those Sensor Gel sticks on a 6D or a 5D3 yet??

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 3,080Gear list
Like?
Re: good move maybe
In reply to Mako2011, 1 month ago

Mako2011 wrote:

Timbukto wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

I first time heard this product. I might give a try if VisibleDust kit (Orange-color) that I just bought is still unable to clean a few dust/oil spots on A7R's sensor. I tried Copperhill wet cleaning (that works fine with all my Canon DSLRs) on A7R's sensor (my understanding is that it has a different coating) but failed to remove spots.

A shame about not being able to clean the new Sony sensor filters. A fix may be here
For Sony

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

I really hope they have a strong engineering explanation for the alpha orange like hue and that the product does not use artificial coloring to make it more 'marketable' somehow.

Looks to be a purposed reformulation to deal with the extra friction of the Sony filter that was a cause of possible residue in the past. And color more like a feature to keep folks from using the wrong stick on the wrong sensor. Like having different colored pumps for diesel vs gas. Smart move.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Not smart...the stick should be colored than not the potentially residue leaving adhesive gel.  The thought of putting color additives on the gel rubs me the wrong way and I hope its more engineering based than marketing but I have my doubts.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow