Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
InTheMist
Senior MemberPosts: 2,314Gear list
Like?
"Honey Moon" on Friday the 13th
1 month ago

I woke up this morning early and checked my Twitter and Facebook as usual. I saw that many were raving about the "honey moon" that is supposed to happen today.

So I went out on the balcony and just caught the setting moon while the sun was rising on the opposite horizon. Living in the mountains of Switzerland give some interesting effects such as being able to see both horizons and looking down on the clouds.

Here it is setting over Switzerland on Friday the 13th and heading towards the US. High humidity in summer makes the moon appear much more vibrant. It happens that right now, it's almost at it's closest for the year. The rising sun added colour to the sky.

Technically, it's not perfect. Many shots are meticulously planned and some ... are due to dumb luck and Facebook.

Taken with a Nikon Df, 300/2.8 and a 2x teleconverter.
Adjusted in Lightroom to be exactly what my eyes saw.

Here is a link to the large image if you feel like pixelpeeping it and complaining about the slow shutter speed and motion blur.

Two minutes later, and it's gone:

-- hide signature --

It's more important how an image looks as a thumbnail than how it looks at 100%.
http://inthemistphoto.com

InTheMist's gear list:InTheMist's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow