Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chrisjjb
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Lenses for a guest at a wedding
2 months ago

Going to a few weddings this year and was considering taking the GX7. Not intending to do any serious photography but my wife wants some nice pics of her in a dress, and the boy etc. Often wedding photographers have limited time so want to make sure we come out with some nice shots.

The question is what lens to take. Wondering if people had any experience of taking there camera as a guest.

Wedding in August, i know the photographer and he should be happy for me to take my kit however I don't want to be overencumbered as i will also be looking after the boy.

My temptation was to take a couple of primes (say the 20 f1.7 and the 45 f1.8) possibly adding the 60 macro if I can squirrel it away on my person. On the camera these lenses are quite small and unobtrusive but the combination gives me reasonable coverage (although lacking a little at the wide end).

However the other part of me thinks take the 12-35 f2.8, good coverage, no lens swaps but slightly less DOF control and the bokeh isn't as nice as the olys. Plus its huge compared to the size of the primes which makes natural shots harder to get.

What would you do?

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjjb
All answers are replies, but not all replies are answers

chrisjjb's gear list:chrisjjb's gear list
Nikon D610 Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow