Metabones Speed Booster

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Redlion
Regular MemberPosts: 121
Like?
Re: Joe Camosy (Redlion) uses Metabones Speed Booster FX with AIS 50mm/f1.2
In reply to Miki Nemeth, 5 months ago

My question, what was the reason that you bought the expensive speed booster? Did you have problem with your inexpensive Nikon - FX adapter? When looking at your photos, they are nice, still I have the feeling that you could have made similar quality photos with this terrific f1.2 lens on a regular Nikon - FX adapter, either. Do you find the images (much) better with the speed-booster?

Take care, Miki

Miki,

I choose the Speedbooster because I already had the Nikon 50mm F1.2  (use it with my F3) and I wanted both the 50mm field of view and shallow depth of field.

The Fuji 56mm F1.2 gives an equivalent field of view and depth of field as an 85mm F1.8 on a full frame, while my Nikon 50mm F1.2 and Speedbooster gives me an equivalent field of view and depth of field as a 50mm F1.2 on a full frame.

Having the equivalent 50mm field of view is much more useful for the kind of shooting I do, AND I still want shallow depth of field.

To get the same thing from Fuji, Fuji would have to make a 35mm F0.85 lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow