landscape vs food

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
pdelux
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
Re: landscape vs food
In reply to Paul Amyes, 6 months ago

I think you have to consider, For non professional images, it is sometimes difficult to get an entire plate of food in FOCUS even at small apertures and small sensors, due to the proximity of the object  and the angle at which most photos are taken. Also in restaurants and diners, working space is limited (wider FL) the lighting is always pretty low, which means people will choose to use wider apertures rather than UP ISO. Direct Flash on food looks horrible.

If you take it from above it will look flat. so most take it from a 30-45 degree angle, which makes it difficult to get all in focus.

Pro's may have the luxury of better lighting and working room, distance

I do agree I dont like to see a bowl of spaghetti with only one strand in focus, it has no photographic appeal, but one item of sushi in a plate of others may be acceptable.

pdelux's gear list:pdelux's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow