Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
aramgrg
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: Eagle, Illinois
In reply to wildlifr, 5 months ago

wildlifr wrote:

aramgrg wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks, that is exactly he :). Today I walked in the woods and got one again. I suspect it is exact same guy. Although this time not hungry, if you look carefully on claws. I also saw the darker one in the woods long ago, unfortunately, with 24-105 on the camera!

I agree with others that your pictures are of a red-tailed hawk (except for the second picture above, which is a vulture). I don't think it has the right bill colorations for a ferruginous, or the dark eyeline. You could post your pictures on whatbird.com and be fairly certain of the opinion there. There are some real aficionados over there.

Not agree about vulture. I know vultures. There are no vultures in this area according to many sources. There are red tailed hawks,ferrigunous hawk, and golden eagle(which is huge compared to both)

aramgrg's gear list:aramgrg's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D610 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow