First time for this type of client work-what would you charge?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
en792
Regular MemberPosts: 422Gear list
Like?
First time for this type of client work-what would you charge?
1 month ago

I took on an assignment to photograph the daughter of my wife's hairdresser for the purpose of getting some shots and eventually prints of her beautiful hair. I normally do landscape, travel, and other photography and haven't tackled something like this before.

There was no price stated. I told her I'd give it a go and see if she liked the results, with the understanding that she would pay for my time regardless. If and when it gets to the stage of prints, I know what to charge, as I have sold her a nature shot, framed and have sold to others.

I've got about an hour and a half in for the shoot and a couple of hours of PP work thus far. Perhaps another hour or two of PP depending on what the client wants. What I'm curious about is what a professional who does this type of work would charge (and I wouldn't use that fee) and what anyone thinks I might reasonably ask under the above circumstances. I've attached a couple of samples. Thank you for your input.

en792's gear list:en792's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow