Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,021Gear list
Like?
Forum members personal websites
3 months ago

While dpreview is not a photo sharing website, I do find I enjoy seeing some of the work the members have produced. In some cases this means that their galleries on dpreview contain some interesting work.

Sorting through the galleries however seems to be a poor way of viewing the contributor's work for several reasons. It's also not the optimum way of displaying one's work to it's best advantage. Thus, many of the forum members have their own websites to showcase their work.

Links to the members websites are frequently shown at the bottom of their posts, but this again is a bit of a cumbersome way of finding them.

It occurred to me that I might not be the only one interested in seeing other members personal websites and perhaps a more streamlined way of getting to them would be of some interest, so, this thread.

I would like to invite all who are interested in participating to post, without any other information and without quoting a previous post, a simple link to their site. Hopefully this will consolidate some of the work to allow it's viewing more easily by any who should be interested in such a thing.

Starting off, my own poor offering is listed, in the format which I had envisioned, in the following post.

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow