Upgrade to micro 4/3 for backpacker

Started Jun 12, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 9
Upgrade to micro 4/3 for backpacker
Jun 12, 2014

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a MFT camera.  I currently have a Panasonic LX3 and, being an avid backpacker/hiker/skier, have always loved it's light weight yet great picture quality.  I mostly use the wide angle 24mm equivalent since I shoot landscapes alot.  The LX3 does take great macros but, without an EVF, it's a matter of luck whether the photo will be focused or not. So, the question is what to upgrade to?  It has to be light enough for backpacking (I am a small woman) yet have a viewfinder. Wish I could go for the GM1 but, no viewfinder, so I'm looking at GX7 (once the body alone price comes down again) with 12-32 lens and later getting macro and tele lens or is the OM10 a better choice?  I like the idea of flip up EVF for wildflower shots. Can't try these cameras out to see size/weight difference since no one sells them around here.

This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow