Anyone tried one of those Sensor Gel sticks on a 6D or a 5D3 yet??

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Phil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,591Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone tried one of those Sensor Gel sticks on a 6D or a 5D3 yet??
In reply to Joe Mayer, 1 month ago

Joe Mayer wrote:

If it's good enough for Roger at LensRentals, it ought to be good enough for a 6D or 5D3. While I haven't done this personally, it makes sense that getting junk near the edges and corners would be easier with the stamp. Note that they are of course very meticulous in their cleaning and the stamp is only a part of the process. Watch about it here.....

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2010/04/how-to-clean-a-camera-sensor

I think an ionized air source (hard to come by) might be a better first step, but this is what I would expect for cleaning the UV filter over the sensor. Note it is not a single step operation and the gel stick left left a residue he had to remove with the pad tool.

If you can find an ionized air source it will remove the static charge on particles and then they do fall away as you would hope. Audiophiles with vinyl may have one to neutralize surface static. It was also a little silly to attempt cleaning at this level without more of a clean room approach on the LR workstation which could explain the need for multiple passes.

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur
“Imagination is more important than knowledge..." -- Albert Einstein

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow