Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bargainfishing
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?
First Prime for a6000 - SEL 50 F/1.8 OR SEL 35 F/1.8
3 months ago

Hi guys, I've been practicing everyday on how to shoot better. And trying 16 , 35 and 50 on my 16-50 kit lens.

And today testing 35 and 50 focal length and using each of them like a fixed lens. I noticed the 50 is to zoomed out but in the long run I think it could be beneficial for portraits , or subjects in a distance. While the 35 is not that far with the 50 but it offers extra space when shooting indoors.

For example I used the 50mm length to take a very close shot of a leaf but it came out blurry or it wasn't able to focus. I'm not sure if it was my hand shaking or the lens can't focus on a very close subject , like 1/2 inch. <<<< Hope someone can answer this one

Anyways I really want to buy my prime lens but I want to hear your thoughts which is better.

the 35 or 50.

In terms of quality of image, stabilization, or overall usefullness. What are your opinions on both lenses,

in terms of

bokeh lights

waterfall shots

stars in the skies

portrait

- I understand now that different focal lengths have different uses. That's why I'll keep my kit lens handy for landscape / exterior shots. And the new prime as my main lens.

These are some shots I have taken using the kit lens, not that good but I want to be better someday

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125315957@N06/

bargainfishing's gear list:bargainfishing's gear list
Sony a6000
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow