Anyone tried one of those Sensor Gel sticks on a 6D or a 5D3 yet??

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 3,488Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone tried one of those Sensor Gel sticks on a 6D or a 5D3 yet??
In reply to GammyKnee, 4 months ago

GammyKnee wrote:

JMckenna wrote:

And it is "fun" once you get proficient doing it

James M.

I'd never describe it as fun - it's always a brown-trousers moment for me

But given a choice I'd always rather do a wet clean than poke about with gel sticks or static brushes or whatever else there is out there.

Yah I hate doing it too...I have like 2 stubborn spots right now, not worth removing and can deal with it in post.  Once it gets up to 10 maybe I'll do something lol.  Haven't done anything but a blower since owning my 6D and love the negligence I've given it.  Haven't swapped lenses in a sandstorm though.

My biggest complaint about this tool is just the idea that I would spend 50 bucks on it, use it...and find out my few remaining spots are really like oil or something that doesn't come off with this adhesive like technique...at that point its like well I had to wet clean anyways.  On the otherhand I do not like the idea of wet cleaning because I believe it leaves a microscopic layer of residue that makes your sensor more dust prone compared to when it came out of the factory...so maybe the adhesive gel technique is better in that regard.  Then again who is to say the gel doesn't leave residue...they had to formulate another one for Sony because it clearly did leave residue on Sony sensors.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Sony a6000 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow