LOVE my Fuji X-T1! But...I really wish there were a couple of more zooms...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,191
Like?
Re: LOVE my Fuji X-T1! But...I really wish there were a couple of more zooms...
In reply to wyldberi, 3 months ago

Wheatfield7 wrote:

Donny out of Element here wrote:

Smiller4128 wrote:

Let me start by saying that I came from having Nikon and Canon and found that they were just so big that I never took them with me anywhere and it defeated the whole purpose of having a camera. SO I purchased a Sony NEX6 and LOVED the 24mm f1.8 and the 16-70 lenses that it had. However, when I read about the Fuji XT1, I knew I had to have one and so I purchased the kit and have recently purchased the 14mm f2.8 and I absolutely LOVE this camera! The viewfinder, screen, handling, and the JPEGs it produces are absolutely stunning!

However, the one drawback that I have is that I can't seem to get use to using the 18-55 as my walkaround. I know it's nice for a kit zoom but I really wish there were something like the Sony's 16-70mm.

Because of that, I can't help but keep looking at the Sony A6000 and it's lens lineup that I was use to before.

Does anyone know if there are any rumors of Fuji making a lens similar to the 16-70 in the near future?

Well, there there are no plans on 16-70 f/4 like Zeiss in Sony. It's funny that we arrived at times where Sony E-mount lens lineup offers more for some users than Fuji.

However, yes all this lenses are excellent in E-mount Sony lineup:

Primes:

12mm Zeiss

19mm Sigma

24mm Zeiss

30mm Sigma

32mm Zeiss

35mm Sony

35mm Zeiss

50mm Sony

50mm Macro Zeiss

55mm Zeiss

60mm Sigma

Zooms:

10-18 Sony

16-70 Zeiss

24-70 Zeiss

18-105 Sony G

70-200 f4 G

I specifically omitted many other lenses that are niche ones and of course numerous A-mount and Minolta lenses.

Funny how in order to flesh out the lens line, you have had to make use of almost entirely third party lenses. I think it is appalling that there appears to only be four lenses from Sony for their own lens mount. It tells me that Sony really isn't getting behind their own product.

I guess if you wanted to flesh out the Fuji lens lineup you'd have to consider the X Mount adaptors that are available. Starting with the Fuji OEM M Mount adaptor, there are all the Leica M Mount lenses that can be used with the Fuji X Mount system. Then there are the numerous aftermarket adaptors that can be used to adapt just about any Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Contax, Minolta, etc., lens ever built.

This response by Donny is just a worthless Sony Fanboy interruption added to disrupt the OP's thread.

This is wrong on so many levels. Zeiss is not 3rd party, they have made lenses exclusively for Sony since forever, many of which are Sony designed and manufactured with a Zeiss badge. Anyway, who cares? those 3rd party lenses have native mount and AF. Why do you think people are so excited about the Sigma Art line?

Btw, if you count Leica lenses for Fuji then they can be used on a Sony too.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow