1D Mark II N returns to "duty." I love big Speedlites!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,716Gear list
Like?
1D Mark II N returns to "duty." I love big Speedlites!
3 months ago

With one of my Canon 7D cameras suffering mechanical problems in the shutter, I have upgraded the status of one of my 1D II N cameras, bringing it to work with me on night shift for evidentiary shooting. Good, modern 580EX II and 600EX-RT Speedlites keep these older cameras fully relevant after the sun goes down!

My other 1D II N remains ready for local birds, with a 500/5.6L and Extender 1.4x III mounted. I bought these cameras in very late 2012 and very early 2013, through Ebay, and both arrived in near-pristine condition, with plenty of life left in them. I went through a period of buyer's remorse, and had considered selling one or both, as I rarely seem to have the energy to go bird-shooting, but with one of my work-horse 7D cameras being out of service, the wisdom of having ready reserves became apparent.

To be clear, I make no claim to being a "professional" photographer, but I do shoot some important images as part of my public/civil servant job, and choose to use top-tier gear, though not necessarily the newest camera bodies.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with an EF-S 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L, make evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow