Metabones Speed Booster

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Miki Nemeth
Contributing MemberPosts: 717Gear list
Like?
Joe Camosy (Redlion) uses Metabones Speed Booster FX with AIS 50mm/f1.2
In reply to Redlion, 6 months ago

Redlion wrote:

I use a Metabones Speed Booster with my Fuji XT-1 and Nikon 50mm F1.2 .

Works Great!

Hi Joe, you are not a frequent poster here, and I absolutely appreciate that you share your experience and gorgeous photos. I used to live and work in Tampa, FL for a year; those were perfect days. Anyhow, I have a regular Nikon G - FX adapter, which I found quite decent, as I reviewed here http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53807710

My question, what was the reason that you bought the expensive speed booster? Did you have problem with your inexpensive Nikon - FX adapter? When looking at your photos, they are nice, still I have the feeling that you could have made similar quality photos with this terrific f1.2 lens on a regular Nikon - FX adapter, either. Do you find the images (much) better with the speed-booster?

I picked this photo for You, Joe. We love music of old times, too. Isn't it interesting that a technically imperfect (actually spoiled) photo became a favorite for our band?

Take care, Miki

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-A1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a5100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow