* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #320 14 06 11 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 18,189
Like?
Re: Charters Towers
In reply to minniev, 3 months ago

minniev wrote:

That's a pretty impressive piece of artwork. I am very impressed but I don't have a clue how to critique it other than to say that I like it, and am amazed at the skills you've developed to do this.

Thanks, I had better put up some of my less prize pics (grin).  I was on a site that behaved similarly to this series of threads "Harphampix" which was a genuine critique thread where constructive criticism was given and received in good light.  I learned a lot from that site.  One of the golden rules is that you don't parade your best work for glory but put up your more experimental work for "other opinions". I seem to have broken that rule but I posted this image quite deliberately to show what can be done to the extreme when a photograph stops being a photograph.

Therefore I am not looking for glory but more exhibiting a point.  As this type of presentation is "different" there are no benchmarks and as it is exacting then any slips in editing literally scream at the viewer out of the page then only the very best versions are worth posting and the mistakes are just from "impossibility" or carelessness. And, yes it is hard meticulous editing sometimes taking days.  Three days for this particular one.  Rebuilding windows behind the vehicles required some ingenuity - pretty heartless of people to park there when I needed a clean image to more easily do this ...

Of course I set my own rules of composition and therefore only I can break my rules

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LouNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow