Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
babaloo
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Zeiss 12mm/32mm combo: not worth it for me
3 months ago

I got this and tried on my NEX-6, I am not trying to offend anybody, everybody has their own opinion and experience and I am putting out my own opinion about this $919 tag. I have Sigma 19mm/30mm combo (Mark 1) and am very happy with the pictures from these. Of course they are f/2.8 and can get slow for indoor shooting, but apart from that I do not have complaints from them. Zeiss lens, although look premium, do not give the pop in the photos that I was expecting. I wanted to ask friends here on their experience with Zeiss lenses on NEX-6. I do know these lenses work better on a6000 in terms of AF, but I am strictly looking at the IQ. I am almost certain that I am returning the lenses since I don't see enough value in them (apart from the fact that I can be called a proud owner of Zeiss lenses). I may want to go FF at some point and would rather invest that money in FE lenses.

Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow