Hello. Is this goodbye?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
wildlifr
Contributing MemberPosts: 807Gear list
Like?
Same story as always....weight.
In reply to scullers, 2 months ago

If weight is of utmost importance to you, then m4/3 may be the answer. If I were you I would compare the weights of the systems that you would likely be carrying, and then ask yourself if that weight difference would matter that much.  If not, the D7100 outperforms any m4/3 in almost every way and costs less, and there very well may be a new dx camera soon.

With regards to focusing, the reports that I've seen by people with experience with DSLR and m4/3 is that the E-M1 still has a long way to go to catch up to DSLR, even if it's better than the E-M5. I got rid of an E-m5 and my m4/3 lenses to get a D7100, and I've always regretted not just skipping over m4/3 and going directly to Nikon dx. The small jump in size and weight didn't affect me at all.

wildlifr's gear list:wildlifr's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow