Photographer assaulted for taking pictures.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sandy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,023Gear list
Like?
Re: Only 'Inappropriate' In That People are Paranoid....
In reply to larrytusaz, 3 months ago

larrytusaz wrote:

Not only was the photographer not breaking any laws, I don't see where he was out-of-line in anyway at all either. What is with this nonsense that people are coming up with that says you can't take photos at a beach? Seriously? It's part of the public arena just as much as any other place is. What in the WORLD makes people think there is supposed to be this "iron curtain" fenced around beach areas forbidding cameras is beyond me.

Thankfully didn't suggest we should not  take pictures on the beach.  It's a matter of respect for others.  If someone wanders along taking loads of pictures of all and sundry they must expect objections.  Discussions on this sort of activity on these forums reveal numerous photographers who ask first to avoid offence.  With so many of us with cameras and phones these days we need to police ourselves before we suffer clumsy legislation.

when I started digital photography few had these facilities and there were rarely restrictions museums,  exhibitions, etc.  Times are changiing.

-- hide signature --

Sandy

Sandy's gear list:Sandy's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow