* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #320 14 06 11 *

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
Ravenwing Photo
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
Pretty much, Liz.....
In reply to NewGirlLiz, 1 month ago

NewGirlLiz wrote:

Wow - that's amazing. I'm so impressed with the difference between the two. Is this kind of thing only possible if you shoot in RAW? I haven't progressed to RAW yet, but photos like this are a good advert for me to get on and do so!

Liz

-- hide signature --

“You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” Barbara Sher

Thanks, Liz.  It might have been possible to do something with a jpeg out of camera, but certainly nowhere near this much, or with this much detail.  RAW means more work, but a lot more possibilities!  The nice thing about working with RAW, particularly with a program such as DxO or Lightroom is that everything is non-destructive, so if you mess it up, you can always go back and try again.  So don't be afraid of it, and you can always start out by shooting RAW+JPG so you'll still have the OOC jpeg to fall back on.

-- hide signature --

Nate
"There's only one rule in photography - never develop colour film in chicken noodle soup." - Freeman Patterson

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LouNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow