Fuji XF 27mm f/2.8 Vs. Fuji 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 XC OIS

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Serge 07
Regular MemberPosts: 196Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XF 27mm f/2.8 Vs. Fuji 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 XC OIS
In reply to LiamMews, 5 months ago

I have the 18-55, 27mm with the XE-1.  Both are excellent performers but the 27mm transforms the XE-1 into a diminutive package that I tend to grab more often.

The 27mm is one of the sharpest lenses across the frame I have ever used. It is really an eye opener. It is also very resistant to flare and ghosting so shooting into bright light sources poses no problems whatsoever. I agree with a comment made at another forum that it performs very Tessar like.

The 27mm may not get as much respect for its lack of aperture ring and not being the fastest kid on the block compared to the other great Fuji primes, but that does not diminish its excellent overall performance. I find the 41mm FOV to be quite versatile and one of my faves for street type photography. For portraits, the 16-50 would be better suited as is the 18-55. The lens would be darn near perfect if it was capable of closer focusing distance as other 28mm lenses I have.

The current price of the 27mm in the US is close to that of the XA-1/16-50. Based on the deal you're getting, personally I would opt for the former but that would depend on one's shooting style and preferences.

Best of luck.

Serge 07's gear list:Serge 07's gear list
Nikon D40 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow