Olympus PEN E-PL1 with kit 14-42 has less resolution than a point and shoot. How is it possible?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MG89
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Olympus PEN E-PL1 with kit 14-42 has less resolution than a point and shoot. How is it possible?
2 months ago

Olympus PEN E-PL1 with M.Zuiko 14-42 zoom kit lens versus Panasonic Lumix TZ8 (DMC ZS-5).

I bought the PEN used because I could not afford it new, the part on the left is one of the first photos. I'm extremely disappointed because I bought it expecting sharper images than the Panasonic. Contrast and sharpness are set to 0 in every camera.

How is it possible for the PEN kit lens to have less resolution than the Panasonic lens? The Pana lens is made by Leica, I thought it was not true but seeing how worse is the photo from the Olympus I'm starting to believe it.

Keep in mind I paid the Panasonic 200 euros new in 2011 and the PEN E-PL1 with kit lens and VF-2 EVF 250 euros used a week ago. If I'd spent 650 euros for the PEN buying it new, I'd be extremely irritated.

Olympus PEN (left) and Panasonic (right)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 (Lumix DMC-TZ8)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow