Olympus PEN E-PL1 with kit 14-42 has less resolution than a point and shoot. How is it possible?

Started Jun 11, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MG89
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Olympus PEN E-PL1 with kit 14-42 has less resolution than a point and shoot. How is it possible?
Jun 11, 2014

Olympus PEN E-PL1 with M.Zuiko 14-42 zoom kit lens versus Panasonic Lumix TZ8 (DMC ZS-5).

I bought the PEN used because I could not afford it new, the part on the left is one of the first photos. I'm extremely disappointed because I bought it expecting sharper images than the Panasonic. Contrast and sharpness are set to 0 in every camera.

How is it possible for the PEN kit lens to have less resolution than the Panasonic lens? The Pana lens is made by Leica, I thought it was not true but seeing how worse is the photo from the Olympus I'm starting to believe it.

Keep in mind I paid the Panasonic 200 euros new in 2011 and the PEN E-PL1 with kit lens and VF-2 EVF 250 euros used a week ago. If I'd spent 650 euros for the PEN buying it new, I'd be extremely irritated.

Olympus PEN (left) and Panasonic (right)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 (Lumix DMC-TZ8)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow