Which one of this lenses is the best option ? If they have almost the same price.

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
dougeryb
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Re: Neither, actually
In reply to Ido S, 6 months ago

The Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC is a wonderful lens and is a much better choice than either one of these, unless you value the f/4's size and weight reduction over the extra stop in maximum aperture.

I own both canon (mkII) and Tamron (divc Nikon mount) 70-200 f/2.8. Given the choice of the two lenses the op listed and Tamron, I would go with Tamron. Fantastic lens at a great price.

Of the two lenses you listed (f/4is and 2.8 non is) it would depend on what you shoot. I shoot a lot of indoor action where I need the fastest shutter speed possible, so the 2.8 would be my choice. If you're looking for a jack of all trades for family photos and vacations, the f/4is would be a good choice. It's lighter, has is, and is incredibly sharp.
--
Gear: Anything to shoot with, be it a phone, a disposable camera, or my kids Nerf digi-cam.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow