Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,826Gear list
Like?
Re: Should we split the E-mount form, continuation
In reply to 40daystogo, 1 month ago

40daystogo wrote:

I don't want to split.

I take to heart Sony's intention that the Alpha FF and Alpha A6000 cameras are now the same alpha group of cameras. Ever since becoming aware of the A6000 and eventually buying one, I have read the DPReview E-mount forums, and never once occurred to me that it was an inconvenience to have A7 discussions. The reason is that the E-mount is the same for both FF and APS-C, and this makes me believe I will eventually get an A7 camera in the near future. Hence, I am interested to keep up with discussions on the A7 cameras even though I currently only own an A6000.

The menus of the A7 and A6000 are said to be similar, hence, advice given on FF is sometimes applicable to the operation of the same features on the A6000. Indeed, I have an A6000 and an RX100, and find that the consistency of Sony's menus meant that I didn't have much of a learning curve with my new A6000.

As an A6000 owner, some of the FE lenses are of interest to me.

Alpha has been the all-inclusive cover name for years. Even the NEX cameras carried the Alpha symbol.

I've been using the FE 28-70 on the 5R and 7 with  good success.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow