Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AM4L
Senior MemberPosts: 1,324Gear list
Like?
Nikon D900
4 months ago

Based on some stealthy probing on some websites, I am going to guess the new camera will be called the D900.  I believe there are other reasons for the D900 designation.  first a desire not to name it 810 as the 10 may be associated with a fix to a 00 version.  A third 800 model is confusing with two models already and dates what needs,to seem fresh, leave alone the pent up desire for a so called D700 replacement.

Based on the rumors and gut instinct now we will come to know this one as the true D700 replacement.

For those wanting a real D700 replacement The D900s is will likely become the true D700 replacement and hp preferred camera over the 800 models and here are my reasons why:

The new Exceed 4 Engine.. these Exceed upgrades are largely overlooked in my opinion by prospective buyers. You get another stop or DR and more ISO, probably better Moire and Noise reduction as well. If we get sRAW, that's nice as well.

If rumor has it correct, you get better Auto Focus.. always nice to have! Having had D700 one does not want any steps backwards with fewer focus points or limited AF.

It will be lighter and also faster than the current 800 series, whats not to like about that?

You'll have a fresh camera with fresh life and support. It will almost undoubtedly fix the wrongs of the 800/800e. and leverage all the greatness of them as well.

If the rumor is true then Nikon must believe they have the AAless sensor figured out... wow, let's not over look the significance of that at 36MP, especially if it ups the 800e offering, especially if they really reduce moire.

One can always shoot DX mode to reduce Files and Sweeten lens performance. I think people probably feel pressured to use the full resolution of the camera in fear of missing out on something. If your confident, it will be ok.

There may be a few cons, they will likely break something as they strive to also make the camera cheaper. It may be more expensive.

I will probably get the new Nikon so long as Nikon doesn't mess up the rumors!

-- hide signature --

Find Your Mind Online!
AM4L.com
Mark

AM4L's gear list:AM4L's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +12 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow