Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pixelpushing
Senior MemberPosts: 2,083Gear list
Like?
A7 strap? Stock one keeps slipping.
6 months ago

I must have rounded shoulder or something, because I can't keep a camera slung over my shoulder to save my life. The thing design of the stock strap is OK but it gets a little uncomfortable, twists a lot and doesn't seem well suited to a 2lb (more with vintage) camera like the A7.

I was thinking of something more anti-slip with a thick padded shoulder part, then started thinking I need one that's longer to go over my neck and across like is becoming more the norm. Not a fan of the sling type thing though, where the camera hangs from one loop.

Did spot one (red, forget the name) that I thought was neat, where you can slide the camera along the strap so you can bring it up and forward, but it also looks somewhat fiddly and was pricey.

UPstrap and Black Rapid look nice, but are a tiny bit pricey. I'd prefer a range of under $45, if possible. OP/TECH seems okay, good Amazon reviews, but not sure it's as robust as I'd like or need for the A7. I'd also like something with a protective leather bit since the loops and clips on the A7 look like they'll leave marks after awhile.

pixelpushing's gear list:pixelpushing's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apple iPad Air
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow