Any three lenses (but only three)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,726Gear list
Like?
Re: My three: 18/2.8 AF-D, 50/1.2 AI-S, 90mm AI-P equivalent
In reply to Felts, 3 months ago

Felts wrote:

Ha, we seem to be treading down a similar path...

I too have recently picked up the 50mm 1.2 AIS! We seem to have a taste for the exotic glass

My Nikkor 50mm 1.2 AI-S was my first Nikon lens, in early 2011, which I used with a Novoflex adapter on a Canon 7D before I had a Nikon camera. I focused using magnified Live View.

Thanks for the mention regarding the 21mm Zeiss. It is a fabulous optic but I was just being a wet lettuce about its weight!! Still it was enough for me to sell it. It's build quality would certainly hold up over the decade...

Size/weight is also the reason that I have no interest in the 'trinity' lenses... that and they are zooms

I would not mind possessing the Nikkor 2.8 zoom "trinity," particularly the 14-24mm G and 70-200mm 2.8G VR II, but would need to rig a pack saddle upon my Siberian Husky mix, and let him tote the weight for me. Actually, however, at age ten, he is relatively older than I am, measured in "dog years," so he might feel the weight to be quite a burden, too.

Seriously, it would be wonderful to own the widest and longest of the trinity zooms, and I may buy the 14-24mm G as soon as next year, but for this forum topic, neither made the "cut," as I have tried neither, and I elected to select for light weight, and less bulk, in order to be able to tote all of them long distances on foot, preferably with two camera bodies, without obviously packing much gear.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with an EF-S 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L, make evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow