Any three lenses (but only three)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Nikkor 24-120 f/4, Nikkor 16 f/2.8 fisheye, Nikkor 60 f/2.8 Micro
In reply to Tuanglen, 3 months ago

Tuanglen wrote:

I'm curious about Nikon FX lenses used as a system, so I'd like to pose this thought experiment. If you could pick any three lenses for a Nikon FX camera, and they would be given to you for free, but those would be the ONLY three lenses you would be allowed to use for the next decade, which three lenses would you choose? It wouldn't matter which lenses you already owned, because they would all be confiscated, and you couldn't turn down the deal. All you could do was choose which three lenses you would use exclusively for the next decade. Money would be no object because, as I said, they would be given to you for free and replaced for free if ever damaged. (If you wanted a free Nikon FX camera, you could have whichever you wanted and upgrade whenever you wished, so the lens choice would presumably need to be made with some thought of the future in mind.)

I'm not asking for you to speculate about the theoretical needs of some imaginary person; just choose what YOU would want for your own needs if you could only have three lenses but they could be any three regardless of price.

Again, this is just for the purpose of learning what others have discovered in their own, varied experiences about what their priorities and strategies would be with a carefully chosen SET of lenses, restricted in number but not in price. Most of us can't afford to buy every lens that sounds interesting, but some of us might be able to eventually save up for almost any set of three or so.

It is difficult to choose only three... anyway I would go towards Nikkor 24-120 f/4, Nikkor 16 f/2.8 fisheye, Nikkor 60 f/2.8 Micro - small, light weight and fun set for FX format.

All the best,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow