Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EngiNerd27
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
UV Filter on Kit Lens
6 months ago

I realize that this question is as old as time but humor me. I installed a not at all inexpensive B+W UV filter on my my kit 18-55 that came with my X-T1, purely for protection. I figured with a BAZILLION 5 star reviews on amazon, I wouldn't even need to think about it affecting the image quality and I didn't really. 500 or so pictures later I noticed today that the pictures I took in the week before I installed it seem to have just the slightest bit of added sharpness and pop. I am 80% sure this is my imagination, and yet, 20% of me wonders if it could be just barely noticeable due to the lack of an OLPF raising the proverbial bar (or it somehow messing up some of that Fuji black magic). I've never run filters on any of my cheap Sony gear, so I have nothing to compare it to. Maybe I got a fake filter? Again, pretty sure I'm crazy, but I'm going to try a few weeks with it off and see if I can discern anything noticeable. Regardless, do you guys use protective filters?

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow